The 8th edition of World’s Greatest Drag Race was back in action by Motor Trend at Vandenberg Air Force Base. The 4.5 km runway was set to gun 12 supercars to unleash their potential within quarter-mile. Making this as the quickest drag race ever the stunning line-up included
1. Honda Civic Type R – 306 HP @ 295 LB-FT
2. Ford Mustang GT | Performance Pack2 – 460 HP @ 420 LB-FT
3. Audi TT RS – 400 HP @ 354 LB-FT
4. Aston Martin Vantage – 503 HP @ 505 LB-FT
5. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1- 755 HP @ 715 LB-FT
6. Porsche 911 GT2 RS – 690 HP @ 553 LB-FT
7. McLaren 720S – 711 HP @ 568 LB-FT
8. Lamborghini Huracan Performante – 630 HP @ 442 LB-FT
9. BMW M5 – 600 HP @ 553 LB-FT
10. Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio – 505 HP @ 443 LB-FT
11. Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 – 485 HP @ 475 LB-FT
12. KIA Stinger GT – 365 HP @ 376 LB-FT
Meanwhile, for the first time ever, a SUV made its debut with the Stelvio Quadrifoglio.
Who made it to the podium?
It was the McLaren 720S setting a quarter-mile time of 10.1 seconds at 141.5 mph taking the lead. The Porsche 911 GT2 RS took the second position after a crazy initial pick up ahead of McLaren with a time of 10.3 seconds at 139.3 mph. The Italian bull-Lamborghini Huracan Performante touched the finish line by clocking 10.4 seconds at 134.5 mph.
The American ZR1 managed to gain the position +0.3Seconds @ 133.1mph against its runway rival the mighty German BMW M5 with a time of 11.1 Seconds at 126.7 mph. The heaviest in this race, the Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio finished 7th with a time of 11.8 seconds at 116.1mph. This is an impressive performance by the SUV as it was way ahead of Audi TT RS, Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack 1320, Ford Mustang GT, Kia Stinger GT and Honda Civic Type-R.
Watch the full video